[Savannah-register-public] Re: Submission of Blended Radiance

From: Sebastian Wieseler
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] Re: Submission of Blended Radiance
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 10:06:21 -0400

Good evening address@hidden :-)

----- Forwarded message from Francesco Anselmo <address@hidden> -----

Subject: Re: Submission of Blended Radiance
From: Francesco Anselmo <address@hidden>
To: Sebastian Wieseler <address@hidden>
        autolearn=no version=2.63

Dear Sebastian,

Thank you for spotting my mistakes.

> At first, we have got a problem with the statement (./brad.py):
> "(copyleft) 2005 by Francesco Anselmo"
>
> Please write "Copyright" instead of "Copyleft".
> The full procedure is described in
> http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html#SEC4 and
> http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Notices.html.

This should be correct in all files, now.
I've replaced the wrong text with the line:

Copyright (C) 2005 Francesco Anselmo

> At second, the files in brad/brad/gui lack information about the Copyright
> of these files.

I've added the same information in those files.

> At third, brad/brad/radiance/cal/README: "The Radiance Software License,
> Version 1.0".
> Where we can find this license? The license notices locks like there were
> taken from the
> GPL. So did you mean "GNU General Public License" instead of "The Radiance
> Software License"?
>
> And "Copyright (c) 1990 - 2002 The Regents of the University of California"
> could be
> problematic.
>
> Is the copyright holder refered to in the copyright notices, a legal entity
> that can be assigned copyright?
> If not, you need to add the author(s)' name(s) instead.
>
> Check http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Notices.html
> for more information, and update your files.

I've removed all the unnecessary .cal files, that were coming from a
standard Radiance distribution (http://radsite.lbl.gov).
Radiance is not GPL software, but brad is, so I'm not including their
files any more.

> At fourth, the files in brad/brad/radiance/lum lack any information about
> copyright and license.
> If you cannot include in the files directly these notices (e.g. if the files
> are binaries), you
> can include a README file in their directories and write there the notices
> for these files down.

I've placed the README in the lum folder, as well. I had just forgot to
add the README file to the cvs.

Please let me know if anything else needs to be fixed.

Thank you.

Francesco

--
Francesco Anselmo <address@hidden>