[Savannah-register-public] Re: Submission of Blended Radiance

From: Sebastian Wieseler
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] Re: Submission of Blended Radiance
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 09:40:32 -0400

Hello.

On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 11:05:23PM +0000, Francesco Anselmo wrote:
> I've just updated the CVS and hope I have done everything that is
> required by the GPL license, now.

At first, we have got a problem with the statement (./brad.py):
"(copyleft) 2005 by Francesco Anselmo"

Please write "Copyright" instead of "Copyleft".
The full procedure is described in
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html#SEC4 and
http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Notices.html.

At second, the files in brad/brad/gui lack information about the Copyright
of these files.

At third, brad/brad/radiance/cal/README: "The Radiance Software License,
Version 1.0".
Where we can find this license? The license notices locks like there were taken
from the
GPL. So did you mean "GNU General Public License" instead of "The Radiance
Software License"?

And "Copyright (c) 1990 - 2002 The Regents of the University of California"
could be
problematic.

Is the copyright holder refered to in the copyright notices, a legal entity
that can be assigned copyright?
If not, you need to add the author(s)' name(s) instead.

Check http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Notices.html
for more information, and update your files.

At fourth, the files in brad/brad/radiance/lum lack any information about
copyright and license.
If you cannot include in the files directly these notices (e.g. if the files
are binaries), you
can include a README file in their directories and write there the notices for
these files down.

Please update your source code again. We look forward to your reply.

Regards,
Sebastian Wieseler, Savannah administration,