[Savannah-register-public] [task #4411] Submission of giFTstep

From: William Cahill
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #4411] Submission of giFTstep
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 21:42:50 +0000

I understand that the FSF would like everyone to move to GPL3 when its
available, but I don't feel comfortable releasing code under a license I
haven't had a chance to actually read.  Infact, I think I would be negligent;
not that I don't trust the FSF to publish a fair license, but to have not read
the license under which my code could potentially be released.  I'm the sole
copyright holder over giFTstep (AppController.h & .m were autogenerated by
ProjectCenter, a gnustep IDE, which initially marked all files with copyright
assignment to the FSF).  With 1 copyright holder, won't it be trivial to allow
GPL2+GPL3 licensing when GPL3 is published?  Is GPL3 going to require the "or
any later version" part?

I intend to use savannah as my primary development, but I would like to have
sourceforge as a backup as well.  Am I really not allowed to house the source
on both sites?  I intend to use savannah as my primary development site for
this project.

I have updated the tarball.  http://thuhfreak.isa-geek.com/giFTstep.tar.bz2
I now have the COPYING file (verbatim from
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt), and proper copyright notices on all my
source files (with the FSF address change).

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=4411>