[Savannah-register-public] [task #4155] Submission of Mechanical System

From: Dorival Pedroso
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #4155] Submission of Mechanical System
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 03:40:31 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

Site Admin. Approval/Edition URL:
 <https://savannah.gnu.org/admin/groupedit.php?group_id=7627>

###### ORIGINAL SUBMISSION DETAILS ######

System Group Name:
-----------------
  mechsys

Full Name:
----------
  Mechanical System

Type:
-----
  Official GNU software

License:
--------
  GNU General Public License V2 or later

Other License:
--------------

------------
  MechSys - A C++ library to simulate (Continuum) Mechanical Systems
Copyright (C) 2005 Dorival Pedroso - GNU General Public License.
Any analysis of a mech system, such as car's chassis, building's wall,
soil dam or tunnel can take the Continuum Mechanics to help understand
deformability and resistance behavior of bodies. Generally the complex
system of partial equations are solved by the Finite Element Method.
Many programs are available, however, from my perspective, the heart
of such analysis is the elaboration of a good Constitutive Law.Thus,
this library was craftily created to help write out complex math
equations in easily and understandable computer code. Eventually this
library can be used, or expanded into a FEM program; this is one of my
objectives. For now, it has three constitutive models: NLelastic
(Non-Linear elastic for very simple metals), SubCam (Cambridge-UK
model for clays) and SubTij (Dr.Nakai's model for soils); many others
will be coded soon. A LabTestSim (Labs Test Simulator) program is
included to help check models with real materials (metals, polymers,
_soils_, etc). This library does not depend on any other software,
however gtkmm-2.4 and libglademm-2.4 are required for a Gtk+ GUI.
Also, if desired, plots will require gnuplot. I don't have web space
to link the sources, however I can email it; the code can be easly
compiled with GNU autotools (from a tar.gz file). Regards.

Other Software Required:
------------------------
  gtkmm-2.4 (only for LabTestSim GUI version)
libglademm-2.4 (only for LabTestSim GUI version)

Other Comments:
  There is included one Tensors C++ library also useful for
physicists, mathematicians and engineers (maybe it can be one independent
project?).
The code is clean (I hope...) and compile well with GNU make.
Good check of models can be achieved by generating plots and the include Gtk+
GUI helps it.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=4155>