[savannah-help-public] [sr #109559] show the search results in a better

From: Karlsson vomdach
Subject: [savannah-help-public] [sr #109559] show the search results in a better way
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2018 16:51:49 -0400 (EDT)

             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email: address@hidden
        Operating System: GNU/Linux
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

When the search gives back a lot of results, that are way too much to display
on one page, they are shown beginning by the first ones in alphabetical order.
For displaying the next few, I must click on the button "next results". This
processus is very ineffective, slow and annoying. What would be better, is to
be able to choose the number of results displayed on one page (as in the
search at directory.fsf.org, but with the ability to start looking at
everywhere in the course of the results list rather than having to click your
way through.
For example: The search result list consists of 1230 items, and I define the
length of one page as 50 items. Then for every 50 items, there could be a very
tiny button, and if I would want to look somewhere at 2/3 of the entries, I
would select the 16th (=2/3 of 25). This would be a solution a bit more
elaborate than the one of google's search results.

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/support/?109559>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/