[savannah-help-public] Need some help about "Submission of Extendable Re

From: Gao Xiang
Subject: [savannah-help-public] Need some help about "Submission of Extendable Read-Only File System"
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2018 13:04:29 +0800

Hi guys,

May I ask some questions...I need some help on the

https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?14945

Could someone tell me some hints if there are something wrong with that...

Our folks are waiting for some hints for more than a week... :'(

I also looked into the "Evaluation Guidelines" of (but sorry about my broken English...)

https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/HowToGetYourProjectApprovedQuickly/

1) Our project runs primarily on a completely free OS.
--- Yes it can, it is a part of GNU/Linux kernel.

2) Regarding Android phones:
--- Our project can run on Replicant or any GNU/Linux free operating system.

3) Use a license compatible with the GNU GPL, and use the "or any later version" formulation in your license notices. --- We used "GPLv2" but we use "GPLv2+" license now, and make a valid copy COPYING in the source code tar, but I think it would be a part of GNU/Linux kernel in the future, the license will be shown at the main directory of the GNU/Linux kernel...

4) Write a short technical description of your project: its goal, its programming language and its dependencies (with URLs).
--- its programming language is C (as a part of the GNU/Linux kernel)

5) Give a pointer to your source code, or upload it as an attachment to the submission. --- I submitted the full related source code in the "Attached Files", but I cannot submit the full GNU/Linux kernel, which is beyond 16384KB...

6) Apply valid copyright and license notices (ValidNotices) using our
templates to each source file in your project; include a copy of the license you chose. It is ideal for derived files to carry (generated) notices as well. See http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.
--- I made simple GPLv2+ notices on each files. I could modify them to
the full GPLv2+ notices, but I think the Linux kernel guys could let me simple them when upstreaming, eg. use SPDX-License-Identifier...)

7) Refer to the "GNU/Linux operating system" instead of "Linux", which is the kernel. Advertise the free software movement, which we support,
and not open source, which we don't. Do not use "Open" in your project name.
--- It is a part of GNU/Linux kernel, I think both Linux and GNU/Linux are ok, and our folks support free operating system and free software movement...

8) Do not use "GNU" in your project name unless it has been officially
dubbed a GNU package.
--- yes

9) Project identifiers should be at least four characters long.
--- EROFS, 5 characters long.

Thanks,
Gao Xiang