Re: [savannah-help-public] [sr #109310] Loophole Creating Account

From: Rick Johnson
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] [sr #109310] Loophole Creating Account
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2018 01:04:10 +0000

Okay, as long as you know and it gets logged as an issue.
It creates customer pain.  Some ask for help sooner than others.
We who are caught in the loop are few, so not much of a problem for you, I
guess.
Many are probably okay with using different usernames.

Maybe Lastpass causes a pattern of use that enables the problem.

Just tryin' to help.
Rick

On Mon, Apr 9, 2018 at 9:15 PM Bob Proulx <address@hidden> wrote:

> Follow-up Comment #4, sr #109310 (project administration):
>
> Yours was not the only Lastpass user that reported problems.  There were
> several all at one time.  Seemed suspicious.
>
> The design is that pending accounts should be deleted after 36 hours or 3
> days
> or some similar time that I don't recall at this moment.  But in theory
> pending accounts that are not activated within that time are discarded and
> then allowed to be registered new again.  At that time a new email is sent
> out.  Something does appear to be broken there however.
>
> The web interface has been running on inertia for a while.  It could
> definitely use some help from someone who enjoys dealing with old PHP
> code.
> As with many projects like this I will say, patches welcome!

>   <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?109310>

>   Message sent via/by Savannah
>   http://savannah.gnu.org/
>
> --