[savannah-help-public] [sr #109392] CVS access for web pages failed

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: [savannah-help-public] [sr #109392] CVS access for web pages failed
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2017 18:40:19 -0500 (EST)

I am wondering if there is an errant cronjob that is fighting with me on these
files.  The desired facl from a working directory is:

vcs:/# getfacl web/coreutils
# file: web/coreutils
# owner: root
# group: coreutils
# flags: -s-
user::rwx
group::rwx
group:www:rwx
mask::rwx
other::r-x
default:user::rwx
default:group::rwx
default:group:www:rwx
default:mask::rwx
default:other::r-x

Although that may be overspecified for our needs that listing is a working
example.  I had cloned that for both paced-el and dkgpg using this command, it
was still in my recall history

vcs:/# getfacl web/coreutils | setfacl --set-file=- web/dkgpg

But at this moment when I look after your latest failure report i see that it
has changed.  The bad state is:

vcs:/# getfacl web/dkgpg/dkgpg
# file: web/dkgpg/dkgpg
# owner: root
# group: dkgpg
# flags: -s-
user::rwx
group::r-x
group:www:rwx
mask::rwx
other::r-x
default:user::rwx
default:group::r-x
default:group:www:rwx
default:mask::rwx
default:other::r-x

The "default:group::r-x" part is causing the trouble.  I have reset it, and I
will say again since the command for that is still in my recall history.  Plus
I had added myself to the project to test the operation.  This is for the
subdirectory.

vcs:/# getfacl web/coreutils/coreutils | setfacl --set-file=- web/dkgpg/dkgpg

Please try it again.  Sorry for all of the hassles here.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?109392>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/