[savannah-help-public] [sr #109412] fix broken links at https://savannah

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: [savannah-help-public] [sr #109412] fix broken links at https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/UsingGit/
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 15:03:15 -0500 (EST)

Update of sr #109412 (project administration):

             Assigned to:                    None => rwp

Follow-up Comment #1:

> rubyforge.org is offline.

I changed the link to an archive.org wayback machine snapshot.

> should be removed from my point view, because at:
> http://git.or.cz/index.html
> it states "This is the old unmaintained Git homepage.
> Please follow to git-scm.com for up-to-date information!"

The docs there may be static now but I browsed through them and they still
seem very useful.  Especially the git for svn users one.  I don't think they
should be removed outright.

I added a line saying that those docs were aged but still seem relevant and a
pointer to the new documentation.

> should be updated to:

Agreed.  Done.

> is broken.
> A high resolution copy is available at:

The Wayback machine at archive.org has a good copy of the original.  Your
detective work to find those copies was very good!  The only reason I wouldn't
use the high res one you found is that it is a pdf while the original is a
png.  Simpler is better and pdf files are never simple.  Therefore I updated
to the archive.org copy of the png image file.

> Admin notes for savannah: see infra/git.txt.

That was originally intended to refer to the files on disk within the running
production Savannah savane installation.  I think it is completely superseded
by newer documentation now.  I simply removed that reference entirely.

I'll commit the above changes with a log entry attributing them to you. Thank
you for helping to improve Savannah.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?109412>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/