[savannah-help-public] [sr #109305] for nano, please order branches in c

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: [savannah-help-public] [sr #109305] for nano, please order branches in cgit by age
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2017 19:58:38 -0400 (EDT)

Hello Benno. Savannah is using a standard cgit installation.

http://git.zx2c4.com/cgit/

The configuration doc is here.

https://git.zx2c4.com/cgit/tree/cgitrc.5.txt

The upstream cgit seems to be using the sorting you desire.  I look and find
this setting in the manual.

branch-sort::
        Flag which, when set to "age", enables date ordering in the branch ref
list,
and when set to "name" enables ordering by branch name. Default value:
"name".

That seems perfect.  I have set it in the cgitrc file.  However it seems to
have no effect.  There may be some caching involved.  I am going to let things
site like this for a bit and see if after a cache invalidation the ordering
changes.

If you have other suggestions that would be great.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?109305>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/