[savannah-help-public] [sr #109310] Loophole Creating Account

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: [savannah-help-public] [sr #109310] Loophole Creating Account
Date: Fri, 12 May 2017 06:12:42 -0400 (EDT)

Update of sr #109310 (project administration):

             Assigned to:                    None => rwp

Follow-up Comment #1:

I have manually activated your account.  The account is active.  Which means
that you should be able to log in using the password you set previously.  If
not then you should be able to trigger the lost password recovery process.

There is definitely some bad interaction with Lastpass.  Yours is an
additional report of a problem when using Lastpass.  At the moment we don't
know what the bad interaction is however.  I believe Lastpass should work okay
with the Savannah site because Savannah's login forms are very old-school and
should be okay to use with Lastpass.

Accounts are "PENDING" until the email address has been confirmed. But this is
a little bit of a circular dependency for triggering the lost password
recovery routine since that part will only recognize "ACTIVE" accounts. Since
it is pending it just isn't active.

One can't create an additional account on top of an existing account.  There
isn't any code to handle that case.

In any case your account is now activated.  You should be able to log in now.
Please let us know if you are now able to login.  I think you should be able
to do so.  If you need to trigger the password recovery please let us know
that too.  I will leave the ticket open hoping to hear back from you on your
login success.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?109310>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/