Re: [savannah-help-public] [SSH][PERMISSION] Issue to ssh with authorize

From: Guillaume Marques
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] [SSH][PERMISSION] Issue to ssh with authorized public keys
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 15:45:10 +0100

Hello,

On 03/21/2017 12:54 AM, Assaf Gordon wrote:
If you can login the fencepost once (using the first key you've put on
savannah),
you can edit by yourself the file /home/t/tauril/.ssh/authorized_keys
and add as many keys as you'd like.

I ssh'd from the first key and added the other manually and it works. Thank you very much!

If so, I believed otherwise because of the following sentence located in [0]:
Your ssh public key from Savannah will be used for access to fencepost

[0]: https://www.gnu.org/software/README.accounts.html

Thank you for pointing this out.
This sentence is confusing: only the *initial* key (the first time your
fencepost account is created) is taken from savannah.
Afterwards, adding more keys to savannah does not matter.

I guess the rational is the following:
You can not login to fencepost with a password, an ssh-key is required.
I'll contact them and ask them to rephrase it better.

Ok, thanks!

Sincerely yours,

--
Guillaume 'Tauril' Marques
YAKA 2018 | Chief Tiger Maintainer | GISTRE 2018