Re: [savannah-help-public] Login succeeded; instantly kicked out

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] Login succeeded; instantly kicked out
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2017 01:26:50 -0700

Jeff Mitchell wrote:
> address@hidden:~/.ssh> ssh address@hidden
> Welcome to Trisquel GNU/Linux 7.0, Belenos (GNU/Linux 3.13.0-110-generic
> You tried to execute:
> Sorry, you are not allowed to execute that command.
> Connection to cvs.savannah.gnu.org closed.
> address@hidden:~/.ssh>

That is *PERFECT*!  It *WORKED*!  Yay!  :-)

> C'MON GUYS WHAT DID I EVEN DO?! :'(

Why are you upset?  That is exactly what was expected.  It was exactly
as I said it would be.

>Bob Proulx wrote:
>>Try this:
>>
>>  ssh cvs.savannah.gnu.org
>>
>>If it says:
>>
>>    ...Lots of login information about the system...
>>    ...then this below...
>>    You tried to execute:
>>    Sorry, you are not allowed to execute that command.
>>    Connection to cvs.savannah.gnu.org closed.
>>
>>Then it is working.  If you see other things then it is not.  However
>>when I look in the (limited) system logs I see that you have
>>successfully logged into the system.  Your pubkey was accepted.

Which is *EXACTLY* as I wrote it would be.  It is working for you.
You were able to successfully log in.  Now that you have it working
you need to check out your cvs repository.

  cvs -z3 -d:ext:address@hidden:/web/noob-a-tron co noob-a-tron

Like you have heard, "Just do it!" :-)

Bob

--
You can lead a horse to water. But you can't make him drink.