[Savannah-help-public] [sr #106478] After committed to www project's (ww

From: Sylvain Beucler
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 20:00:18 +0000

> You mean, if the message exceeds the defined size limit, to send only the
summary of the files modified/added/removed (plus eventually CVSWeb URLs),
right? That would be ideal.

Or we can crop the diff.

> Do you know if other CVS commit notification software (cvs-mailcommit,
cvs-syncmail, etc.) already implement this? (Of course provided that it is not
highly undesirable to switch to them for other reasons.)

It is highly undesirable for me to change this piece of software because all
the commit hooks management is based on it and I don't want to reimplement it.
It also has branch-filtering features, it's been tested pretty thoroughly now,
and I've got a good enough contact with the (passive) maintainer.

So best is to implement said diff cropping.
Which reminds me somebody offered Perl skills recently (grin ;)).

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?106478>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/