Re: [Savannah-help-public] Re: new (writable) emacs arch repository on s

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] Re: new (writable) emacs arch repository on savannah: address@hidden
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 13:25:41 +0900

Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden> writes:
> Can you tel me exactly how you use GNU Arch and then integrate your
> changes in the CVS repository? Generic documentation on that subject
> would also be welcome.

I use "tla-cvs-sync", from my tla-tools package, to (bi-directionally)
synchronize various Emacs CVS branches with their arch counterpart.  I
run it once or twice a day.

tla-cvs-sync works by essentially just replaying each arch change and
committing it to CVS (each arch revision results in a single CVS commit),
and then committing all outstanding CVS changes to the arch branch as a
single changeset.

For more info about tla-cvs-sync, see:

   http://wiki.gnuarch.org/tla-cvs-sync

To make the log message used for committing to CVS, tla-cvs-sync feeds the
arch revision log through "tla-log-to-cvs-log" (also in tla-tools).

The output from tla-log-to-cvs-log consists of some "pseudo headers",
a blank line, the summary (with the "Summary: " prefix removed), a
blank line, and the body of the arch log:

   Revision: ARCHIVE/REVISION
   Creator: CREATOR_ID

   SUMMARY

   BODY

[The "Creator:" pseudo-header is omitted if it seems to be the
same as the person running the CVS syncing process.]

Thanks,

-Miles

--
We have met the enemy, and he is us.  -- Pogo