[Savannah-help-public] [sr #105050] Add SSL for browsing cvs.savannah.gn

From: Kevin Bube
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #105050] Add SSL for browsing cvs.savannah.gnu.org
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 10:39:18 +0100

Hi,

the main benefit I see would be that one could be sure that one is really
talking to the right server. I think this is definitely a 'nice to have' for
a cvs server.

A workaround is to checkout sources via the commandline tool over ssh. Then
ssh verifies the server fingerprints. But this is not userfriendly if one
just wants to take a quick look at something.

Maybe this is paranoia, but it may be useful for people who live in countries
with malicious governments, who dislike for example the security projects
hosted on savannah.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailitem&item_id=105050>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/