[Savannah-help-public] [sr #104690] cacert.org SSL Certificates

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #104690] cacert.org SSL Certificates
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 21:28:09 +0100

Michael pointed:
> Perhaps we should make our own CA, as it's simple to do.
> This would make life simple for us.

I'd rather use the existing one, as people may already have included it in
their browsers.

Or, we can use CAcert.org, since it is an interesting service to support.
Note that the CAcert.org certificate is included in the 'ca-certificates'
Debian package. Certificate generation is automatic, and is not less secure
that what we currently have, though it may end up more secure (with
CAcert.org included in browsers, which the current Savannah CA never will).

However, again, there's no point in supporting CAcert.org if they foster
non-free software. In such case we might as well get free certificates from
StartCom.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailitem&item_id=104690>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/