[Savannah-help-public] [gnu.org #247462] Savannah and Koders OSS Search

From: Reed Loden via RT
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] [gnu.org #247462] Savannah and Koders OSS Search
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2006 17:54:51 -0500

This better? :P

Here you go...

Dear Savannah Team,

I would like to introduce myself and my firm Koders to see if there are some
initiatives on which we might be able to work together.

If you are unfamiliar with our site, Koders.com, it is essentially a
vertical search engine for open source code, providing developers with an
easy-to-use interface to search for code examples and discover new OSS
projects that can be leveraged in their own applications.  We currently
index over 200 million lines of code and tens of thousands of projects
across the web.  Your site is one of the better sources for high quality OSS
projects which we index.

As part of our product roadmap we are now making our web services interfaces
available for free to select partners such as yourself.  We have already
successfully integrated our search with Novell Forge and are one of the
inaugural partners of the Amazon/A9 OpenSearch system.  Here is an example
for the Koders search implemented on Novell Forge:
http://forge.novell.com/modules/xfmod/cvs/cvspage.php/mbloggy/

Our newest version of the search engine includes interfaces that make the
integration of the search feature into your site very easy, which allows you
to:

-          Enable your site with extensive search capabilities;

-          Enhance the user experience for visitors to your site;

-          Improve the accuracy of metadata for projects hosted at your
site;

-          Increase traffic and community support for both of our sites.

The integrations we propose are straight forward and will require minimal
development effort from your team.  In short there are two components:

-           Adding a search interface to relevant pages on your site.

-           (Optional) Providing a data feed of project metadata to our
site.

We have attached a one page overview of Koders to provide you and your team
with more information about us and will be happy to answer any questions you
have.  Would you be available for a call later this week?

With kind regards,

Jorn K. Teutloff

VP - Business Development

Koders Inc.