Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Problem with SKS CVS access

From: Vincent Caron
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Problem with SKS CVS access
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 01:18:36 +0100

Mathieu Roy wrote:
Was it a CVS you imported?

When we import a CVS, we do not keep the CVSROOT/, this directory is
usually way too specific to be kept without risking to break lot of
things.

However it contains some important metadata like tags and history. Importing CVS tarballs is a bit tricky and error prone, I was wondering if someone had it more or less scripted.

I've written a simple (experimental) solution last month, have a look at /usr/local/bin/sv_fixcvs : usage should be 1) unpack user CVS tarball in the proper place (/cvsroot/<project>), 2) run sv_fixcvs <project> so it'll "normalize" the files attributes. It's really basic sanitization though.