[Savannah-hackers] submission of Netprofile - savannah.nongnu.org

From: kp
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Netprofile - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 04:03:53 -0500

Kim Pedersen <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: Netprofile
System name: netprofile
Type: non-GNU

Netprofile is a tool for switching settings and files in a multi-networked
environment. At the moment it is capable of handling static and dhcp network
configurations. It stores profiles in a configuration file, where you can add
as many profiles as you would like (ie. work/home/extra), and switch to them
very easily. Netprofile will also be able to handle different files, for
example a different samba configuration file, or whatever other file you change
everytime you change network. It has code for ensuring file consistency through
md5 hashes (this will require OpenSSL in order to work).

Other Software Required:
OpenSSL if user wishes to use md5-checksums.

Other Comments:
A couple of other projects exists to do this task. Many of them are based upon
perl. I wanted to make something that is easy to extend, maybe with modules. It
is supposed to be a full tool, including GUIs for changing configuration files.
Maybe pick up where the others left off.

I need a place to store this software, which is one of the reasons why i want
to use savannah. I hope this is possible.

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/