[Savannah-hackers] xboard CVS oops

From: Tim Mann
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] xboard CVS oops
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 00:20:11 -0800

Hi.  I made a mistake when initially importing my sources into the CVS
repository for the xboard project.  After I imported them, I realized
that CVS had given the initial version of each file the default "1.1"
version number.  But I don't really want to start numbering there,
because my project has a long RCS history starting with 1.1, and I don't
want files from old versions that were maintained under RCS to have
version numbers in their $Id strings that conflict with the new CVS
versions.

I checked another copy of everything in as revision 2.0, and that seemed
to work OK.  However, I'd really like to delete the unwanted 1.1
revision.  That should be possible by running "cvs admin -o1.1" on each
file, but I don't have sufficient privileges to run a cvs admin -o
command.  Could someone do that for me?

Alternatively, if it's too much bother, you could just erase the xboard
CVS module and I could import it again now what I know better what I
want to do.

(By the way, my savannah user name is "mann" and the email address I
have registered is "address@hidden", if that helps.)

Thanks,
--
Tim Mann  address@hidden  http://www.tim-mann.org/