Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of OpenDict - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of OpenDict - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 09:34:30 -0500

Hi,

Savannah's mission is to host free software projects, and we want the
public to think of them as free software projects.  A project name
that says "open" will tend to lead people to think of the project as
"open source" instead of "free software".  We would be glad if you
accept to use "free" instead of "open" in your project name.

We already asked you to give us arguments about using open in your
projects name...

Please register your project once more with the changes
mentioned above.

We cannot track projects that have been answered but not approved, so
we must ask you to register the project whenever you change the
registration. Make sure to apply all changes so you need to reregister
only once.

The re-registration URL found in our acknowledgement of your earlier
registration will direct you to the proper location.

Regards,

Web page                    http://www.webworm.org
GNU/Linux for schools       http://www.nongnu.org/glms
Savannah hacker             http://savannah.gnu.org