RE: [Savannah-hackers] Mails

From: Marcin Wiacek
Subject: RE: [Savannah-hackers] Mails
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 12:06:39 +0200

Hello,

> > I want to ask, if anyone on Savannah can explain me, if archives of
> > Sanavannah mailing lists are available somewhere to download in
> > mbox/netscape/mozilla format ?
> Try:
> http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/ProjectName
> Example:
> http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/help-texinfo

> > Earlier I went to ftp://mail.gnu.org and were able to download it.
Now
> > not possible.
> Yes it is possible.

We are speaking about two different things. When You have many mailer
programs (like Mozilla or Unix mailers), they save all mails in text
files. In the pages provided by You there is html interface to these
files with mails - some software take file with mails, format it and
gives output in html (and when I enter these links, I have it in html
form). I don't want html, I need source files with mails. When I will
have it, I will copy them to my hdd, link to my mailer and will be able
to read them, search, etc. WITHOUT net connection. I need such access to
gnokii-users list.

Earlier I went to ftp://mail.gnu.org/gnokii-users and downloaded, what I
wanted. Now it doesn't work - or there is changed config for mailing
server or something else. My access problems started 2 months ago (some
time before savananah mails problems), now I have reformatted my hdd and
still can't use earlier link.

So, I repeat my polite question: can Savannah give access to files with
mails from mailing lists again or check why ftp://mail.gnu.org is not
accessible ? Could You check from other PC, if everything is fine ?

Pozdrowienia/Best Regards
--
Marcin Wiacek (address@hidden www.mwiacek.com)