[Savannah-hackers] submission of Project Nigun - savannah.nongnu.org

From: aamehl
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Project Nigun - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 12:11:52 -0400

Aaron <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: other
Other License: I am not sure what licence is appropraite because of the unique
nature of this project. Maybe the GNU free documentation project????

and suggestion most welcome
Package: Project Nigun
System name: projectnigun
Type: non-GNU

hmm, a bit hard but here goes,

projectnigun is a project to collect all information related to chabad nigunim
(songs)in on place the empassis is on permitting collaboration on a number of
parallel projects and outcomes. The repository will be the basis of a book on
musical notation as well as the foundation of translation and collabortation of
this information to the general public from a seperate web site.

The deliverables are ogg-vorbis files of public domain archival recordings of
these nigunim, notation in lilypond format, articles stories and other
background information such as biographies of singers and composers.

The online version of the notation will be open and free although the final
published books may contain some that will be sold and possibly copyrighted
(since all this material is infact public domain I can't limit this outcome)

I realize this is not software but since I am doing this project using
opensource software and it is open and available, and It requires collaboration
I am looking for a place to park it.

If this isn't the place to put the CVS then could you steer me in the right
direction.

a site that uses this information (hebrew mostly) is www.chabad-nigunim.com the
cvs is not working currently but I could send you a copy of the tree structure
if needbe

Other Software Required:
python

postgres

there is someone making a java and xml frontend to the database.

lilypond

culmus

tex elatex but not sure they need to be on the server??

Other Comments:
if there is a remote chance of this being hosted email me and I will provide
more details

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/