[Savannah-hackers] Adding CVS modules to existing projects

From: Danilo Segan
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Adding CVS modules to existing projects
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 19:55:08 +0200

Hi,

I'm interested if it's possible to add several modules besides the "main" one to CVS root for Serbian-GNOME project (Savannah project ID: "serbiangnome"). My Savannah ID is "bascelik".

For instance, there's a separate dictionary tool developed specifically for this project which I would like to keep in CVS, but not in
 /cvsroot/serbiangnome/serbiangnome
but in eg. /cvsroot/serbiangnome/recnik ("recnik" is ASCII-ized Serbian for "dictionary", and that's the name of the tool).

Is it possible, and if it is, what should I do (I couldn't find anything related to it in "C-h i m cvs").

Also, could I ask any of you with access to CVS hosting machine to clear up empty directories ("desktop", "fifth-toe", "office", "developer-libs", "developer-apps", "extras"). They were added a couple of months ago when I didn't have a clear idea what I'm going to use CVS for (yeah, I know that's my _big_ mistake), so I've put there all the translations which now I keep in Gnome CVS (because that's where they belong).

I don't care about CVS history for these files (it should just be an initial commit anyway), so if this is not hard to do it would be great. So far, I use '-P' to get a nice cvs checkout, but ViewCVS is a bit crowded.

If it takes too much time or too much effort, no need to bother. ;-)

Cheers,
Danilo