[Savannah-hackers] [support #102497] Deleting comments in bug reports?

From: nobody
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] [support #102497] Deleting comments in bug reports?
Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2003 23:53:18 -0400

Support Request #102497, was updated on Thu 10/02/2003 at 11:15
You can respond by visiting:
http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailsupport&support_id=102497&group_id=11

Category: Software

By: earl
Date: Sun 10/05/2003 at 22:53
Logged In: YES
user_id=1225
Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030624

I under reservations about the ability to delete "history",

but my request would be restricted to project admins, who

already could do complete damage to a project.

Also, what is meant by "history"?  Tracking all changes to

a particular item?  CVS allows the removal of revisions,

so what makes bug reports any more special than a CVS

repository.

To me, it appears the commenting feature has a similiar

feel as forum software, and an administrator should have

the right to remove inappropriate comments.

Note, there could be potential legal consequences.

A malicious user could post any kind of text (and images)

to a bug, and if such text and/or images have liabilities

concerns, or violate laws, there should be a mechanism in

place that allows deletion of such date beyond hand-crafting

SQL queries.

I do request that the offending text of bug #4719 of the

mhonarc project be removed since it does pollute the

legitimate bug history, and since I do not know what it

says, I prefer to get rid of it.

Thanks.

By: yeupou