[Savannah-hackers] RSS for projects

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] RSS for projects
Date: 03 Oct 2003 00:56:08 +0100

Ok. I've got to the point where I can do something.

I'm going to have to run a fairly large query (select all the news
items from the database joined by the project details) but I'm not
going to have to run it often.

I have some guile code to do this... but it depends on guile 1.6 and
on my own libxml2 shared library.

The options are:

- install guile 1.6 and my shared guile/xml2-lib on savannah

- get me to re-write the code in some other language

The 2nd option seems difficult but it probably isn't because what the
feed constructor itself does is very simple. It could probably be
written in awk without much bother.

Any thoughts?

Another question is: where do I run this? We don't have a large
number of boxes. I'm quite scared about sucking up resource on
subversions for an RSS process.

I'd prefer to run against the read-only copy but I'm not sure about
access to that. Is it easy to setup?

--
Nic Ferrier
http://www.tapsellferrier.co.uk