[Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of libbubblemon - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of libbubblemon - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: 02 Oct 2003 17:05:55 +0200

Hi,

I approved your project, however not the following:

address@hidden said:

> Johan Walles <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License: I *may* decide to change the license to LGPL later on if
> somebody comes up with a really convincing argument, but I probably won't.

Tell us if you do so, please.

> I am aware of that all authors must agree to a license change, and
> that I can't retroactively change the license of already released
> code.

In fact, you can, but all the persons who have a copy received as GPL
would still be able to share and modify your software under the GPL
rules.

As a matter of fact, if you relicense your software as LGPL, Savannah
may host the latest GPL version along with your new version, just in
case someone is interested in that GPL version.

> Package: libbubblemon System name: libbubblemon Type: non-GNU

> This is a platform-agnostic libraryfication of Bubblemon
> (http://www.nongnu.org/bubblemon/).
>
> The point is to make it easier to make bubbling load monitors for other
> platforms than GNOME.
>
> Other Software Required:
> Nothing
>
> Other Comments:
> There is a CVS repository for libbubblemon hosted as part of Bubblemon at
> "http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/bubblemon/libbubblemon/";.

Please do not forget to add a COPYING file in libbubblemon.

--
Mathieu Roy

  Homepage:
    http://yeupou.coleumes.org