[Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of GNU GroupWare - savannah.gnu.org

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: submission of GNU GroupWare - savannah.gnu.org
Date: 02 Oct 2003 11:26:10 +0200

Hi,

address@hidden said:

> A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org
>
> Dan Kuykendall <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: lgpl
> Other License:
> Package: GNU GroupWare
> System name: gnugroupware
> Type: GNU

> This project is intended to be the home of the next generation of
> phpGroupWare code that has been worked on by Dan Kuykendall and Joseph Engo
> who created the phpGroupWare project.
>
> This project is a fairly dramatic change in the code to be entirely centered
> around XML and XSLT. The intent is to generate the definitions and XML tree
> structure to be used in building the groupware solution. This code will in
> large part be merged back into phpGW at some point, but will probably
> continue to exist as a parent project to phpGW and be the more proper
> connection between DotGNU and phpGW.
>
> Other Software Required:
> PHP
>
> Other Comments:
> The name is intended to carry on the heritage of the play on the sound of GNU
> as "new". So GNU GroupWare sounds like "New GroupWare" and is intended to be
> though of as such.

Since your project does not seems to be part of the
GNU project yet, we cannot accept that project name
for it.  There are some non-GNU programs
with names such as gnuplot and gnuboy, but they are
not hosted in Savannah.

In the projects we host we want to keep the distinction
 between GNU and non-GNU projects, to avoid confusion.

If your project is accepted into the GNU project, you
 can change its name later on.

I know that PhpGroupWare is part of the GNU project, but I did not
found information about this new project, which, even if it's linked
to PhpGroupWare, is not part of PhpGroupWare.

If your new project has already been dubbed a GNU project by rms,
would like to forward the mail with that information?

Please register your project once more with the changes mentioned
above.  The way we handle pending projects makes it difficult to keep
track of projects that have been answered but have not been approved
yet, so we erase them and we ask you to register the project again every
time some change has to be done to the registration, and users might
have to register their projects several times.  Thank you for your
understanding.

Some users find it useful to use the big re-registration URL provided in
the acknowledgment e-mail you received after registration.

Regards,

--
Mathieu Roy

  Homepage: