Re: [Savannah-hackers] evaluation

From: Vincent Caron
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] evaluation
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 12:07:59 +0200

Hugo Gayosso wrote:

Thanks for helping, 'gnueval' is a 'private' project that shouldn't
have 'anonymous' cvs checkout or any public access per RMS direction.
So please make sure that your fix doesn't break this requirement.

OK, so here is the 'some reason' I mentioned :). Apologies, it's now back to the previous state, this specific folder is only available to members of the 'webgnueval' unix group. It also means updating will fail again until the proper solution is applied.

Is there an easy way to fix this?

I guess www.gnu.org is doing an anonymous checkout, one solution in this case would be to create an 'administrative' user who belongs to the webgnueval group on sv.gnu.org and use this account from the gnu.org update script.

Paul: I believe the 'webcvs' account on sv.gnu.org was meant to do that in the old sync scheme, it even still has the public key of an administrative account of gnudist in its authorized_keys (address@hidden). It does belong to 'webgnueval'.

If not, I was thinking in keeping 'gnueval' the way it is (i.e. not
viewable in anyway unless you are a team member) and create a new
project called 'www-gnueval' which will manage only the web page at:

http://www.gnu.org/evaluation/

What do you think?

I'm not sure this would help, the 'non world readable' looks like an exception on gnu.org and we should take the least effort path. But I'm quite new on this very topic, other hackers might have a better insight.