[Savannah-hackers] submission of ezpipe linux - savannah.nongnu.org

From: valli
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of ezpipe linux - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 01:05:54 -0400

V.K.Vallinayagam <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: other
Other License: I want to have the same licensing like the Debian-OS project.
Since essentially this is a distribution project or "tools to come up with a
distribution".  I am not sure which one to pickup. I would like to have the
same license as Debian. Please recommend.
Package: ezpipe linux
System name: ezpipix
Type: non-GNU

  This is a project to bring a linux distribution that employs XML. So that
different pieces can integrate smoothly.

  I plan to call it 'ezpipe linux' to symbolise that. Traditional unix programs
write ascii streams in their output and the program at the other end end of
pipe, had to do string manipulation gymnastics, to get their output. 'ezpipe
linux' removes that need. information extraction from output is a easy because
all the information is structured on XML.

  "ezpipe linux"  is backward compatible with existing conventions. The
information format for nearly all needs will also be available in XML. For
example. there will be an XML version of every config file. There will be xml
version of output for most programs. There will be xml version of input for
every program. There will be a XML version for the documention .

  For newer programs, only XML format can be supported. For existing programs,
XML format is supported, along with existing formats.

  This project plans to achieve this by developing tools and wrapper programs
to accomplish that. It i splanned to be a derivative of debain distribution.

   This project also shares lot of vision with the following project.

http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/Forum/6751/.

    But the above project is in discussion mode.I felt it is too important to
just in discussion mode. So I planned to start on it. This distribution will be
based on debian. I already have some scripts to accomplish this XML interface
wrapping for my very critical programs.

Other Software Required:
This is planned to be a debian-based distribution. Presently it uses debian
based fre software tools.

Other Comments:

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/