Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of C <--> Shell Conv

From: loic
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of C <--> Shell Converter
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 13:37:47 +0200

 > Hello Loic,
 >
 > Thanks for the response.
 >
 > No, no, it is yet to be developed from scratch, just an idea
 > that popped up in my mind. So I registered for it.
 > Basically, some days ago, I registered this project with
 > sourceforge, my username there is "amunix", as I was unaware of
 > savannah then. But since now savannah is up and running healthy,
 > I registered it on savannah, the only reason being that savannah
 > promotes GPL projects, and sourceforge allows many more
 > licenses. My project will strictly be under GPL.
 >
 > Kindly let me know the procedures to follow.

        At present Savannah only accepts software that matches the
GNU coding standards and that are GNU packages in the GNU project. If you
have an existing program it can become a GNU package after evaluation by
the GNU evaluators.

        At some point Savannah will be able to accept projects that do
not yet exist but this is not the case at present.

        Sorry to disapoint you :-}