Re: [Savannah-hackers] Mail transport problem from subversions to gnu.or

From: loic
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Mail transport problem from subversions to gnu.org
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 17:15:29 +0100 (CET)

 > > I have no clue how to do this in a clean way (in a way that the
 > > modified log_accum + prep_commit can be contributed back to the CVS
 > > source tree). Do you have ideas on this subject ?
 >
 > If I understood you correctly (?) I would configure the cvs server to check
 > out a local copy of whatever enters /subversions/cvs/common/cvsadmin/ and
 > then
 > use elsewhere the scripts in that local directory, instead of the scripts in
 > /usr/local/bin as is being currently done. That way we keep the configuration
 > in sync with the cvs repository, and the developers can change the
 > configuration without having to ask the administrators.

 I do not understand this. Could you rephrase in more words, with examples
maybe ?

 > I have all the information I needed to configure viewcvs (we can have it
 > running in parallel with cvsweb, cvsweb2, cvsweb3 to compare, before we
 > replace cvsweb by viewcvs).  But I need that the viewcvs package be installed
 > (it is not currently installed).

 Great. Now that you have the right to install you should be able to do
all this.

 It is the www server for www.gnu.org (gnudist.gnu.org == www.gnu.org).

 > What is the difference between the ssh shell account and a kerberos
 > account?

 Kerberos and ssh are two different authentication system that are
used in parallel on the gnu machines. ssh began to be widely used on
the gnu machines last year. Before that only kerberos allowed someone
to login. Kerberos has a big advantage over ssh because the
authentication information is centralized. Easier to secure and
control. It has a big drawback too : nobody is used to it ;-)

 Please keep asking for a Kerberos account to address@hidden They have
everything ready, just waiting to send you the password GPG encrypted.

           Cheers,