[Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Open Ideas DB

From: Gerald . Klix
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] savannah.gnu.org: submission of Open Ideas DB
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 14:05:53 +0000

If it already is an official GNU package, it will be approved shortly.
Otherwise it must be discussed on address@hidden for approval.

Gerald Klix <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: Open Ideas DB

Open Ideas?

Open Ideas is a Database for free ideas. It will support the development of new
ideas by publishing them freely and making them free to use for everybody.

With this project we want to support the communication about an idea and
improve it. We also try to prevent illegal patents on software or ideas which
already exist. Software patents impede Open Source Software and make it
impossible for authors to share their software freely over the internet. But
when an idea/software is published a patent for this is no longer possible.

This sub-project of Open Ideas is concerned with developing the database
software to store and classify the documents describing our ideas.