Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Fwd: Mirmon can't reach the team-cymru mir

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Fwd: Mirmon can't reach the team-cymru mirror by rsync
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2019 16:05:17 -0700

    ~ $ time ssh address@hidden true
    real        2m8.751s

traceroute may be more diagnostic than the raw time, to see if the
problem is in the routing in between. Or ssh -vvv if it's the ssh
negotiation that's taking the two minutes.

I also wonder if ssh on fencepost is trying to do reverse dns on your
host and that is inducing the delay. It's a common reason for such delays.

I also wonder about forcing a connection over IPv4 to see if that makes
a difference, e.g., maybe it's trying to negotiate over v6 that is
taking forever. Another common culprit. --good luck, karl.