Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] FSF public IP addresses are changing betwe

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] FSF public IP addresses are changing between December 20 and January 7th
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2019 17:28:18 -0700

Bob Proulx wrote:
> I am ready to move the other production systems but the FSF admins are
> not working again until January 2nd.  That is probably quite soon
> enough.  Therefore I am going to wait until they are back in their
> daylight work hours before hitting the other systems.  Just in case.

Today before making new changes all of the systems were rebooted.
Notably the oldvcs system still being used for file storage did not
reboot, failing to shutdown.  Once again Andrew force rebooted the
system to get things back online.

Now that the admins are back in the office...

My plan is that tomorrow, Thursday, late morning I am going to start
walking through the systems and moving them to the new IP addresses.
This will be at least somewhat disruptive as in some cases four
systems must all be up and online simultaneously in order to function.
Hopefully things will be concluded by early afternoon.  Hopefully.

Bob