[Savannah-hackers-public] FSF public IP addresses are changing between D

From: Ian Kelling
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] FSF public IP addresses are changing between December 20 and January 7th
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2018 14:43:15 -0500

Specific instructions for Savannah sysadmins are being sent to
savannah-hackers-private

Our network provider TowardEX generously donated our bandwidth and IP
addresses for many years and now we have a new donor: Hurricane
Electric. This change requires replacing our main IP ranges:
208.118.235.0/24 and 2001:4830:134::/48.

If you have hardcoded the IP address of any GNU/FSF servers in those
ranges in any code or configuration files, they will need to be
updated. If you refer to our servers by their DNS name, such as
"gnu.org", then that will continue to work.  You should use the DNS name
wherever possible.

There is a chance this change may temporarily cause some of the email we
send to change its spam score. If you receive email from our servers,
please check your spam email box and if you see any email from us there,
please mark it as not spam so that your email provider will not see it
as spam in the future.

When? Most IP addresses will change on December 20-21. For machines
where the IP change requires coordination with parties outside the FSF,
such as volunteer administered machines, the old and new addresses will
work simultaneously until January 7th, when the old IP may be removed at
any time. If you think we might need to coordinate with you and we
haven't contacted you yet, please email address@hidden

We expect all machines to keep the last number of their IPv4 address and
the last 80 bits of their IPv6 address.

On IPv4, we are changing from
208.118.235.0/24
209.51.188.0/24

And for IPv6, from
2001:4830:134::/48
2001:470:142::/48

So, for example fsf.org will change from
208.118.235.174
209.51.188.174
and from
2001:4830:134:4::a
2001:470:142:4::a

With your help we can make this migration uneventful!

--
Ian Kelling | Senior Systems Administrator, Free Software Foundation
GPG Key: B125 F60B 7B28 7FF6 A2B7  DF8F 170A F0E2 9542 95DF