[Savannah-hackers-public] Problem in mailing lists search CGI script

From: Assaf Gordon
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 15:12:31 -0600

Hi,

I noticed a small problem in lists.gnu.org's cgi search script.

I sadly don't have time to troubleshoot it further now,
so I'll just make a note of it.

1.
If one goes to each mailing list's HTML archive page,
there's a search box, e.g.:
  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/coreutils/

2.
Entering a term (e.g. "netbsd") and clicking "search"
results in the following URL, and works fine:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi?query=netbsd&submit=Search%21&idxname=coreutils&max=20&result=normal&sort=score

3.
The first hint of a problem is that at the top of the
search result page it says:
 "This index contains 0 documents and 0 keywords.".

4.
If, while on the same search result page, you click "search" again (with the same search term already in the input box,
there will be *zero* results, and the message will say:
The resulting URL is:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi?query=netbsd&submit=Search%21&max=20&result=normal&sort=score

5.
The difference between the two URLs is the missing "idxname=coreutils"
CGI parameter.

----

I'm not sure what changed or when (this certainly used to work until recently).

If this rings any bells to savannah developers, let me know.

regards,
 - assaf