Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Guix Cuirass git repository not shown on G

From: Assaf Gordon
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Guix Cuirass git repository not shown on GNU Guix git repositories page
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2018 07:53:28 -0600

Hello Bob and all,

On 17/06/18 11:23 PM, Bob Proulx wrote:
Gábor Boskovits wrote:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/guix-cuirass.git .

However, this repository is not listed on:
https://savannah.gnu.org/git/?group=guix
[...]
 Therefore it
must be something else.  We will look into the problem!

1, The frontend code to do the per-project git enumeration
is part of the "custom content", in:
   /etc/savane/content/gnu-content/git/index.txt

Despite the .txt extension this is a PHP code.
This is not part of the main savane code repository,
so no point looking for it there.

2. This .txt/php script scans the following file:

    frontend0:/etc/savane/cgitrepos

Surprisingly (?) this file is very out of date:

    address@hidden:~# ls -lhog /etc/savane/cgitrepos
    -rw-r--r-- 1 121K Oct 10  2016 /etc/savane/cgitrepos

3. The source of this file is from vcs/vcs0:

    address@hidden:~$ ls -lhog /srv/git/cgitrepos
    -rw-r--r-- 1 141K Jun 18 09:30 /srv/git/cgitrepos

On vcs0 this file is up-to-date (generated by a cronjob),
and does contain the said guix repo:

    address@hidden:~$ grep cuirass /srv/git/cgitrepos
    repo.url=guix/guix-cuirass.git
    repo.path=/srv/git/guix/guix-cuirass.git

4. In the old days of 'frontend' before 'frontend0',
there was a cronjob to scp this file from vcs to frontend.
See "Cron jobs on frontend" section in this page:
    https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/SavannahInternals/

5. This cron job is not on frontend0.
In fact, I don't see any savannah-related cronjobs on frontend0)
I'm likely to blame, as I've set frontend0 long ago...

6. For now, I've copied the file manually from vcs0 to frontend0.

7. In our new setup, I can't seem to ssh/scp from frontend0 to vcs0
in order to setup the cronjob.
Likely because our access setup is more restricted than before.
I don't want to change things to heavy-handedly, so I'll defer to
you (Bob) on the best way to setup this scp.
If it's just a matter of allowing address@hidden to login to address@hidden,
I can easily set it up.

Hope this helps,
regards,