[Savannah-hackers-public] FSF fundraising banner on savannah.gnu.org?

From: Andrew Engelbrecht
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] FSF fundraising banner on savannah.gnu.org?
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 20:34:02 -0500

Hello Savannah hackers,

I was wondering if it Savannah volunteers would be happy to add an FSF
fundraising iframe to the top of savannah pages? This is the one we're
hoping to show:

https://static.fsf.org/nosvn/banners/2017fundraiser/

We're still trying to get it up on one of our mediawiki instances,
because our templates changed after a mediawiki upgrade, so we need to
figure out the new code to push down other various elements.

In other words, getting this to work on some sites may require a lot of
effort and a handy dev server, or saving a page as static html and
editing that (Ian's great idea). I read one of our older docs that said
it's not easy to put up banners on your site, but I'm not sure if that
information is still correct.

This is the code we're using in some places, but of course, it's open to
adjustment, if you want to deploy it to your site:

    <iframe src="//static.fsf.org/nosvn/banners/2017fundraiser/"
width="100%" height="100%" scrolling="no" style="overflow: hidden;
border: 0 none;"></iframe>

Please let us know what you think! :)

Thanks,
Andrew