Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Please allow non-fast forward updates or j

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Please allow non-fast forward updates or just delete aspell.git
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2017 22:44:45 -0500

On 02/17/2017 09:50 PM, Assaf Gordon wrote:
Hello Kevin,

On Dec 16, 2016, at 05:04, Bob Proulx <address@hidden> wrote:
  /srv/git/aspell.git
  /srv/git/aspell/aspell-lang.git
  /srv/git/aspell/aspell-cvs.git

Kevin Atkinson wrote:
Please also leave (1) and (2) open for non-fast-forward updates.

Following-up on this:
were you able to fix the aspell git repository issues ?
can we restore the 'non-fast-forward' block on them?

Thanks,
  - assaf

P.S.
in relation to https://savannah.gnu.org/support/index.php?109194

Quoting from the previous messages in this thread:

>> And even when they do I am going to want to forced updates on topic
>> branches.  So if you could leave it unlocked for the time being (or
>> at least until you can make it only for the master branch) it will
>> be appreciated.

> It is a feature that we would like to have available.  It just needs
> the right hook script to implement it.

Thus for now I assumed aspell.git would stay open until you can allow forced updates on topic branches.

>> Please also leave (1) and (2) open for non-fast-forward updates. For (2) no >> data will ever be lost as that will be a straight conversion from CVS with >> no new commits, but I might redo it from time to time (which is why it is
>> not part of the main repo.)

This I assumed that aspell-lang.git and aspell-cvs.git would stay open.

I hope this is okay.

Kevin