Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] New guix-patches mailing list not showing

From: Bob Proulx
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2017 12:40:54 -0700

Karl Berry wrote:
>     I created a new ��guix-patches�� mailing lists ~48h ago on Savannah.
>
> I just created it by hand. Assaf is looking into the PHP<->Savannah
> linkage/breakage. --best, karl.

I am not sure the new mailing list creation is completely solved yet
but on the first pass scrape the problem was that while the cronjob
was running on the new mgt0 server the /etc/savane/savane.conf.pl
config file was not configured to allow it to run.  Therefore it would
run, read the config, and exit immediately without doing anything.

The process is one that I would classify as fragile and in need of
improvement.  The script runs every five minutes querying the database
over the network connection to internal0.  Then if there is something
to be done it uses ssh to invoke a command on lists.gnu.org.

I have configured the savane.conf.pl to allow it.  The script does
run.  When I ran the script manually the first time it performed
several queued mailing list operations.  It also spewed forth a long
stream of errors too.  The root cause of those errors are not
immediately obvious due to the layers that exist in the process.  It
needs some more love and attention and we will try to work that into
the long queue of todo list items.

Bob