Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Dynamic web sites on gnu.org?

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Dynamic web sites on gnu.org?
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 14:57:08 -0700

Hi Ludo,

Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> For <https://gnu.org/software/guix/packages/>, we’re looking at
> solutions that would involved server-side page generation (“dynamic
> pages”).
>
> Is there a way we could run our own HTTP server for that URL, or
> otherwise have gnu.org somehow proxy our server?

We are the wrong people to ask.  Sorry.  The Savannah folks have no
access nor control over www.gnu.org anything.  Only FSF admin has
access to that server.  (Believe me that this is something the
Savannah hackers would very much like to have access to.  Assaf has a
project to provide git support for html that has been stalled for more
than a year because there is no access or improvements.)

Having said that I think on the technical side that it is certainly
possible.  I can think of a half dozen different ways the problem
could be solved.  But I don't have any ability to do anything about
it.  Sorry.  You will have to approach FSF admin with the question.

Bob