Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] git migration status

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] git migration status
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 04:06:22 -0700

Hi Paul,

Paul Smith wrote:
> Hi all; very excited to see some new infrastructure being deployed for
> Savannah!

Yes!  It is all very exciting for us too.

> I was wondering if the changes will allow us to address the current
> problem where we don't have MitM-resistant access to SCM repositories
> (at least not Git repositories) for non-maintainers; currently the only
> protocols available are the "git" protocol and the "http" protocol.

Yes.  And actually this is almost available now.  It is available on
the new server.  I had git deployed to the new server but then had to
recall git back to the old server due to a couple of problems on the
new.  If you have been looking at the IP address then you might have
noticed that I have been moving it onto the new server and then back
to the old a few times already.  Each time things stick a little
longer before finding a problem and needing to pull it back to the
old.

On the good news side of things is that hopefully most people haven't
noticed any huge disruption because of this.  As soon as I work
through the most recent problems then I will say something about https
being available.

> I'd love to see "https" availabile for accessing Git repositories.
> See for example: https://savannah.gnu.org/support/?109093
>
> Just curious...

I have a pool going with myself as to how long it takes for someone to
ask for push capability after having https available.

Bob