Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] mismatching licenses in list on Savannah

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] mismatching licenses in list on Savannah
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2016 12:10:47 -0600

Assaf Gordon wrote:
> I hope this is resolved now.
>
> The file that is used is definitely this:
>   frontend:/etc/savane/content/gnu-content/hashes.txt

Perhaps almost but not quite.  The production working copy isn't clean
and it seems to be this issue.

  frontend:/usr/src/savane# git status
  # On branch master
  # Changed but not updated:
  #   (use "git add <file>..." to update what will be committed)
  #   (use "git checkout -- <file>..." to discard changes in working
  #   directory)
  #
  #       modified:   etc/site-specific-content/hashes.txt
  #
  # Untracked files:
  #   (use "git add <file>..." to include in what will be committed)
  #
  #       etc/site-specific-content/hashes.txt.prev

It looks like the hashes got fixed but never checked into version
control.  Is that right?  (Which is confusing since as I read things
the live copy is in /etc/savane/content/{,non}gnu-content/hashes.txt
instead of in the source tree.  So I think the source tree changes
might be an experiment that wasn't cleaned up.)

Should these files be reverted to the version control copy?  Or should
the changes be checked in?

Thanks!
Bob