[Savannah-hackers-public] Savannah git repos misbehaving

From: Aharon Robbins
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Savannah git repos misbehaving
Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 15:17:10 +0300

Hi.  I got a report that cloning the gawk repo via non-ssh isn't working.
This seems to be a general problem:

$ git clone git://git.savannah.gnu.org/gawk.git
Cloning into 'gawk'...

and the repository exists.

Same thing for grep. When i try to use http, it just hangs.

I had no trouble pulling via ssh so something's flaky somewhere.

Thanks,

Arnold