[Savannah-hackers-public] [task #13901] Problem with SVN server

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] [task #13901] Problem with SVN server
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2016 18:07:25 +0000

             Assigned to:                    None => rwp

Follow-up Comment #2:

The system appeared to be suffering from some type of DDoS attack. The FSF
admins were aware of this and worked on the problem.  See the out of band
status information page for up to the moment status information.

https://pumprock.net/fsfstatus

All of the version control services (git, svn, cvs, and so forth) all live on
the vcs server and all will be suffering from the same problems until it is
resolved.

I will assign this ticket to me for tracking but I am simply monitoring the
situation. The FSF admins are the ones actually working on the problem.

Update for closing:

It took an hour of tinkering but eventually the problem was resolved.  I wish
I could say there was one precise solution but it was impossible to know
exactly what collection of services in total was overloading the system.

It is now the next day and things seem to be holding.  Therefore I am closing
this ticket.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?13901>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/