Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Submission of Wine programs

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] Submission of Wine programs
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2015 22:15:02 GMT

    What's the policy about accepting programs that run on Wine?  I'm
    asking this because of the submission:
    https://savannah.gnu.org/task/index.php?13750

I don't recall the question being explicitly asked before.

It seems to me that even if a program runs under Wine, in practice a
package that works only in a Windows environment of whatever kind will
necessarily induce people to use Windows -- thinking that people will go
install wine just to run such a package seems delusionary to me.
Therefore I conclude the submission should not be accepted.
We have certainly rejected Windows-only submissions in the past.

That's my opinion.  If you want to get an official ruling,
address@hidden is the place to ask.  --karl