Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] [Savannah-register-public] [task #13715] S

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers-public] [Savannah-register-public] [task #13715] Submission of Angel's Destiny
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 22:04:55 GMT

   <http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?13715>

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#OpenContentL declares the
Open Content License 1.0 as nonfree.  I hope they've fixed whatever the
problems are.

    The license must a a free license, as defined by FSF/GNU.

Not just free, but GPL-compatible.  I'd say the license has to be in the
list at
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#GPLCompatibleLicenses
(or be explicitly ok'd by FSF licensing).  Wouldn't you?  In fact, that
seems like something we could/should put into requirements.php.

Right now, we just say "Software licenses must be GPL-compatible.", but
I don't think it is within Savannah's purview to decide if a license is
GPL-compatible or not.  If an author thinks their license is compatible,
but it's not listed, they should have to convince address@hidden, not
us.  (Usually it's obvious that the desired license is incompatible.)