[Savannah-hackers-public] Publishing a list of gnu (and non gnu) project

From: Assaf Gordon
Subject: [Savannah-hackers-public] Publishing a list of gnu (and non gnu) projects
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2015 16:26:09 -0500

Hello,

... continuing an old topic:
publishing an authoritative list of gnu (and non-gnu) projects hosted on
Savannah, for use by other websites (e.g. the Free Software Directory).
( See also 'sv_list_groups' here:
http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/SavannahInternals/ )

The current script (sv_list_groups) generates the following list:
 http://savannah.gnu.org/cooperation/groups.tsv

I've written an improved version, which generates a tabular file with more
fields,
and also a JSON file (which is sometimes easier to automatically process).

The files are here:
   http://savannah.gnu.org/cooperation/v0/projects.json
   http://savannah.gnu.org/cooperation/v0/projects.tsv

The documentation and usage examples are temporarily here:
   http://savannah.gnu.org/cooperation/v0/index.md

The script is here:
   frontend:/root/agn/gnu-sv-project-list/gnu-sv-export-project-list.sh

If this is acceptable, I can add the script to the crontab on fronted, and the
documentation to the savannah wiki.
The output can be easily modified to add more fields or other information if
needed.

Comments are welcomed,
 - Assaf